Tox Aftercare (Botox / Dysport Aftercare)
Updated: Oct 15, 2022
Anything labeled a “Tox” is considered a neurotoxin. A neurotoxin is recommended to clients who would like to further achieve their asymmetry, after a brow procedure. Semi-Permanent Brows (Microblading/Ombre Powder) works beautifully together with a Neurotoxin in achieving Symmetry. Semi-Permanent Brows makes your current brows look fuller while, Neurotoxins works with the forehead muscles (as we age they change) to make the brows and face look more symmetrical. Aftercare instructions should be followed after your treatment.
1. Do not massage or apply pressure on the treated area for 6-8 hours after the treatment to prevent migration to areas of undesirable effectiveness.
2. Do NOT lie down for 6 hours after treatment. Also Do NOT lean forward, shower, cook over a hot stove.
3. You MUST keep your head UPRIGHT for at least 6 hours after injection.
4. Avoid yoga or other rigorous exercise activities, extensive sun or heat exposure, and alcoholic beverages for the 1st 24 hours after treatment. This may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the sites of the injection.
5. Avoid facials and saunas for 24 hours after treatment since this will decrease the chance of your blood pressure rising and thus decrease the chance of minor and temporary bruising.
6. Try to exercise your treated muscles for about 2 hours after treatment (e.g. practice frowning, raising your eyebrows or squinting). This helps to work the Tox into your muscles. It will NOT negatively impact your treatment if you don’t do this.
7. Headaches are common. Tox is even used to treat headaches. However, if you experience a mild headache, avoid aspirin or aspirin containing products. You may opt instead to use Motrin, Tylenol, and/or cool compresses. If headaches continue or worsen, contact your physician.
8. Avoid taking Advil, Vitamin E, Ginger, Ginko, Bilboa, Ginseng, and Garlic for 2 weeks since this may increase the risk of bruising.
You may shower and do most other regular daily activities.
9. Note that any bumps or marks will go away within a few hours. If you do develop a bruise it will resolve like other bruises you have had in about a week. There is occasionally some mild pain, swelling, itching, or redness at the site of injection similar to most other injections. Redness may last for 1-2 days, rarely longer. You may apply cold compresses or acetaminophen (Tylenol) to reduce swelling or discomfort.
10. Results of your treatment may take up to 14 days to take full effect although many people will recognize the benefits in 3-5 days after treatment.
11. Neurotoxin Injection is a temporary procedure. In most people the benefits of it last about 6 months. Sometimes a few wrinkles may start to return in 2-3months. The effectiveness of Tox will last longer with successive treatments.
12. Initially, the physician may want to see the patient between 2-4 weeks for a brief “touch-up” and checkup of the procedure. If you allow the Neurotoxin to completely wear off, it is difficult for the provider to be able to see how your individual muscles reacted and therefore optimal results for your face can be more difficult to achieve.
13. Makeup: It is recommended that you wait 12 hours after the treatment before applying make-up.
14. Cold compresses may be used 10 minutes on 10 minutes off to reduce swelling 2-3x per day during the 1st 1-2 days if needed.
MaiLash & Brows Salon in Scottsdale Arizona partners with Sloan Aesthetics bringing a professional team of aesthetic nurse practitioner and register nurse to serve our clients. We are proud to be your one-stop shop for all your aesthetic needs.